I’m growing so far:
Little Gem Lettuce
Mixed Salad Lettuce
How I started off my seedlings
1. Bought a ROOTIT Propagator which you can see me explain here.
2. Dropped the seeds into the little holes (they are already created for you).
3. Left the tray on my window sill for a couple of weeks (whilst in the meantime turning the tray around daily to stop them leaning towards the sun, and making sure I wipe out any condensation to ensure all the light can get through).
4. Once they were starting to get quite tall and before they got too leggy, I planted them out into pots a tiny bit bigger with some multipurpose composts. I say I planted them out, my Mum actually did it and I supervised… thanks Mum!
5. I now have to keep them inside and ‘harden them off’ which means to bring them outside gradually (increasing the time each day) to get them used to the cold etc. I decided to keep them in a plastic box because of not having the space to keep them on a table, however at least the sun can still shine through that box and it’s easy to move them around.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
That’s as far as I have got! I am learning too, so I will be updating my little veg’s journey and my learning process as I go!
Have any of you started growing any veg/salad/fruit/herbs? If so, what and which varieties?