1. Boil the potatoes until they are mashable.
2. I would recommend using a potato ricer for this step. Mash the potato with the ricer, straight onto the surface, and leave to cool.
3. Grate the parmesan. Crack the egg onto the potato, sprinkle the parmesan, the flour and add a pinch of salt.
4. Using a d-scraper, unite all the mixture together until a dough has formed. If the mixture is too sticky, add more flour. If too dry, add some more egg.
5. Chop the dough in half, and create a think sausage with one half. You can divide it into quarters if you think it will be easier. The thickness/thinness of the sausage will determine the size of your gnocchi.
6. Using the d-scraper, cut the dough into pieces of dough, about 1cm wide. Now you can see your gnocchi forming!
7. Lastly, using a fork, roll your pasta down the fork in order to create the little ridges.