In yesterday’s post I mentioned about being a particularly snack-y person! Now, I’m usually a sweet tooth, however, when it comes to nuts, I prefer the savoury kind. And I especially love anything BBQ flavoured, so the following recipe is perfect! These sweetly (but not too sweet) spiced nuts are great as a last-minute gift for Christmas; just package them up in one of those decorative clear bags with a lovely little ribbon. I’m sure someone will appreciate them more than a gift set picked up from boots!!
180g honey-roasted peanuts
100g salted roasted almonds
1 egg white
Olive oil for brushing the tray
30g light brown sugar
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp rock salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees.
2. Brush a baking tray with olive oil.
3. Whisk the egg white in a bowl until frothy.
4. Add the nuts and stir to coat with the egg white.
5. Add the spice mix and stir to coat evenly.
6. Spread the nuts on the tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.