I don’t know about you but I don’t just get snack-y at Christmas; it happens all the time! However at Christmas we are more ok with snacking, especially in front of the TV! The following snack is perfect for this; sweet, crunchy nuts. Also great to package up in a little plastic bag (the nice kind!!) with a cute ribbon, as a gift. I actually took mine to the Cinema the evening I made them – the perfect combo with Star Wars!
They’re super quick and easy to make, and once you start making them yourself, you’ll never look at a pack of nuts in the supermarket the same way again!
100g blanched hazelnuts
50g unsalted roasted cashews
100g unsalted roasted pistachios
Olive oil for brushing tray
1 egg white
100g granulated sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp rock salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1. Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees.
2. Brush a baking tray with olive oil.
3. Whisk the egg white in a bowl until frothy.
4. Add the nuts and stir to coat with the egg white.5. Add the spice mix and stir to coat evenly.
6. Spread the nuts on the tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.