These gooey, biscuity slices are irresistible. Especially with kids. When my Nephew tried them this weekend, he went back for seconds..and thirds! With a hint of vanilla and coconut from the popcorn and a taste of chocolate that reminds that it’s still Easter from the mini eggs, they are one to try if you don’t want to overindulge but still impress your guests. And they are super simple.
1 tbsp unsalted butter
8 jumbo marshmallows or 20 small ones (I used jumbo – it sort of depends on what size pan you are using)
1/4 bag of Proper Corn Sweet Coconut and Vanilla Popcorn
3 Rich Tea biscuits
1/2 bag of Cadbury’s Mini Eggs
1. Grease a square cake pan (I used a 7 x 7 inch pan which was 1.5 inches deep with a loose bottom).
2. Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave.
3. Add the marshmallows to the bowl and microwave for about a minute or until they are gooey. (I had to do mine in stages as my bowl was quite small. Also watch out as the mallows will puff up in the microwave and look like they are about to burst!)
4. Pour the marshmallow into a large bowl and pour in half the bag of popcorn. Crumble in the rich tea biscuits.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake pan and spread to the sides. The mixture will be very sticky so it will be more like dragging it to the sides!
6. Decorate with mini eggs and sprinkles.
7. Cool for 10 minutes and then slice and serve! They will keep in an airtight container for 3 days.
Happy Easter everyone! And let me know if you try these!