Indulgent Nutella and Banana Loaf
Yesterday was a day spent experimenting in the kitchen. I knew I had to use up some bananas that were going brown, and so banana loaf popped into my head. With the help of the last of the Nutella, this slightly more indulgent, and incredibly moist loaf was created.
I can actually say this recipe is my own and it’s so easy to make with my all-in-one method. I can’t wait to find more ways to adapt it/change it/add to it etc. Watch this space!
Type of tin
2Ib loaf tin
225g/1 cup of sifted plain flour
100g/ 1/2 cup of demerara sugar
80ml/ 1/3 cup of semi-skimmed milk
2 small bananas, mashed
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 medium egg
3 tbsp/ 1/4 cup of Nutella, plus extra for spreading on top
1. Weigh out all of your ingredients and pop all of them into a bowl or mixer. Grease your loaf tin with butter.
2. Mix until the mixture is free of lumps, and is smooth.
3. Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds (or more/less depending on your micro) until almost runny.
4. Pour the Nutella into the mixture and carefully fold in, to ensure you create that lovely swirl design once baked.
5. Carefully pour into the tin and bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown and cooked through (test with a skewer in the middle – it’s done when it comes out clean).
6. Cool for a couple of minutes, and then lift out onto a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
7. Once cooled, spread the rest of your Nutella to your preference, on top of the loaf.