The BEST Homemade Chicken Nuggets
So, recently I’ve been a little bit lazy when it comes to posting. So I decided last week to make a plan for my posts, which has been helping greatly… so far! I will perhaps a do post soon on how I do this, once I have tested it for a few weeks and know it works! Because of said plan, you will hopefully be seeing a lot more posts from me next week (along with a few surprises)! Happy days!(I am aware of how I’ve promised this before in the past, but THIS TIME IT WILL HAPPEN AS I HAVE A PLAN!
Anyways, I made these yummy chicken nuggets last weekend and they went down a treat; I wish I’d made more!!
They were succulent, crispy and also a lot healthier than the usual frozen or deep-fried nuggets.
Here’s how I made them…
500g chicken breast, cut into pieces
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of black pepper
200g plain flour
200g corn flakes
1 tbsp parmesan, grated
1/4 tsp of paprika
1/4 tsp of granulated garlic
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200c/180c fan.
2. In a bowl, add the chicken, salt and pepper. Mix together and leave aside.
3. Add your flour to a bowl. Add your cornflakes, parmesan, paprika, salt, black pepper and garlic into a food processor. I used my Nutri Bullet. Mix until crushed, but not a fine powder. You can add some more crushed cornflakes after, to make it more chunky, if you accidentally mixed it to a powder. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
4. Mix your chicken into the flour. Drizzle over the buttermilk and use your fingers to mix in.
5. In stages, put the chicken pieces into the bowl with the corn flake mix, and coat evenly.
6. Add each piece to a foil-lined tray. Drizzle over some olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked-through.
7. Serve with the condiment of your choice! Mine tasted great with a good ol’dollop of Ketchup, and also sweet chilli sauce.
Do you prefer your chicken nuggets oven’d or fried??